Welcome to the Clinic!!!
As the school nurse, it is my job to try to keep your child in an environment that is healthy and friendly. If you are looking to enroll at C. C. Hardy Elementary, there a few things that will make this a successful year for your child.
1. Up to date immunizations – If this is your child’s 1st time to attend a W.I.S.D. school, they must have an up to date immunization record when registering. If the child is delinquent on any of the required immunizations, they will not be allowed to register until the immunizations are complete.
2. Medications at school – if your child will be taking any medications at school, such as inhalers or other medications, a doctor’s note must be obtained along with a properly labeled bottle with the child’s name; name of medication; how medication is to be taken; times when to take medication; name of pharmacy and name of doctor. Parents or guardians are to bring the medication to the school nurse. MEDICATIONS ARE NOT TO BE SENT ON THE BUS. This is for the safety of your child as well as other children.
3. Illness – If your child is sent home with fever of 100 or higher, vomiting or diarrhea, please keep them home until fever free or symptom free for 24 hours before sending them back to school. Parents will be notified to pick up their child if the child is sent back to school the next day, unless a doctor’s note is clearing them to return to class. If your child is sick during the night, please do not send them to school the next day.
4. Change in condition – if there is a change in medications, medical condition or overall well being of your child in anyway, please contact the school nurse as soon as possible so the health record may be updated.
5. Notification - Any child that comes to the clinic will have a Nurse referral slip. It is a triplicate form so you should receive a yellow copy. You should find it in your child's back pack or folder. If your child is PreK - 1, please check for soiled clothing. Bathroom accidents do occur. I encourage you to put an extra set of clothing in the back pack. Children are much more comfortable in their own clothing.
Keeping these things in mind and updated will help to keep your child on track and give them a better environment to learn and succeed.
Here’s to a great year!