Friday night football games bring large crowds to Yates Stadium. While we have numerous administrators and security in attendance at events, the size of the facility and number of spectators diminishes our ability to safely supervise unattended students. To ensure the safety of students, parents and community members, Willis ISD is implementing new safety rules for game attendance.
- Students in grades Kinder through 8th grade will not be allowed to attend home evening varsity games without an adult. An adult may be a parent, coach, grandparent or even a high school sibling. Children who arrive at the gate to a game without an adult will be held there until an adult can arrive to either attend with them or take them back home. Ticket gate attendees will be strictly enforcing this rule beginning at Friday’s opening home game against C.E. King.
- High school students will be allowed to enter a game without an adult but should be prepared to show identification if the staff member at the gate requests it.
- High school students with proper identification may escort younger siblings, but not their sibling's friends. Younger siblings must have some form of identification such as a school ID to attend a game with a high school brother or sister.
- All students in game attendance will be required to stay in the stands. If students are found under the bleachers or loitering around, they will be asked to return to their seats. Students that do not cooperate may be asked to leave.
* This policy will be in effect for all evening varsity football games and evening games for boys' and girls' soccer and basketball.Along with the privilege of participating in an athletic contest, either as a spectator or players comes the responsibility to exhibit exemplary conduct, spirit, and sportsmanship. We hope you will join us this Friday, as we kick off what is sure to be an amazing year of sports. Thank you for your assistance with this very safety measure.